Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 33: Rushing

 I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that when I walk to class on campus that I am walking very fast, hoping to get to the class in time because I haven't given myself enough time to get ready for the class.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place myself into a position of rushing when I walk to classes not realizing that I don't prepare enough time to get my notes, books, and backpack ready in time before I go to class.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that I don't allow myself enough time to get ready for class because of self-interest - either hitting the snooze button or thinking I "need" to smoke a cigarette or thinking I "need" to practice a few more minutes before going to class.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place my self-interest before my responsibilities.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that placing my self-interest before my responsibilities results in me rushing and going fast with everything.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that this rushing and going fast with everything creates energy inside of me - making it difficult to notice my own breath.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rush through my day because I place my self-interests first before my responsibilities resulting in not being aware of my breath.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that when I rush through my day that I have thoughts about needing to be somewhere while I am walking to my next class or responsibility which takes me out of the physical and into the mind.



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place myself in a position of rushing everywhere not realizing that when I am rushing that rushing makes it easier to go into the mind and having thoughts of wanting to be at that place that I am rushing to even though I am walking here in the physical and have not made it there yet and within this I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to give myself enough time to go to my next class or responsibility in a calm manner. 

I commit myself to give myself enough time to walk to class without having to rush to classes or responsibilities.

I commit myself to prepare everything that I need to prepare as in getting my books, notes, and backpack together in order to allow myself to walk to class in a steady manner.

I commit myself to stop and breathe when and as I notice myself rushing to a class or practice or any activity that I do.

I commit myself to notice when I think of being at the place that I am walking to instead of walking there here in the physical.

When and as I notice myself thinking of being at the place I am walking to - I stop and I breathe. I do not accept or allow myself to let thoughts of wanting to be at the place I am walking to. Instead - I prepare for everything that I need to in order to allow myself enough time to walk to the class or destination I have set out to go to.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Johnathan, just came across your post! I just did a similar post on rushing around! Lets share links to each others blog posts :)

    Day 2 Rushing Around and Impatients
    http://www.stevecjourneytolife.com/day-2-rushing-around-and-impatients/

    Day 3 Rushing Around – Forgiveness
    http://www.stevecjourneytolife.com/day-3-rushing-around-forgiveness/

    And Day 4 I will be making my commitments on this topic.

    ReplyDelete