Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 38: "Real" Music?


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that jazz and improvised music is so called "real" music and other genres/types of music aren't real music.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I know what "real" music is and if others don't listen to this "real" music then they don't know what music is. I realize that when/as I think I know what "real" music is that I am living as/within my own ego which is confirmed by thinking that I know what real music is.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that I think I am superior to those who do not listen to the same music as I do.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that studying music ever since I have been a kid has led me to believe that I know what is music and what music is not - judging certain styles/genres of music that I don't like and within this I forgive myself for accepting and allowing studying music to make me feel superior than those who don't study music.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that if I think my preferred style of music is superior than another style/genre that I am not in fact living as/within what is best for all.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that no style/genre of music is better or superior than another and that the only reason why I think this is because certain sounds activate specific mind-energies within me.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that over the years I have programmed myself to like jazz and that repeated listening of a certain style/genre or sound will result in creating mind frequencies that I end up experiencing and react to.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think and believe that what I feel from listening to music to be real and the emotional/feeling experience I have while listening to certain music is real not realizing that certain sounds activate certain mind-energies within me in that may or may not cause me to have emotions/feelings/thoughts. 

When and as I notice myself reacting to a certain style/genre/type of music I stop and I breathe. I realize that my reaction is based on the memories of studying music in school and what we were taught is good and bad music. I realize that music doesn't create emotions/feelings inside of me but my mind and energies within/as me is what create these emotions/feelings as this is confirmed by why I like some music and not other music and why I react to some music and not other music. I commit myself to listen to all styles/genres/types of music within the breath and to notice the emotional/feeling/thought reactions that come up when listening to any music. I commit myself to investigate what thoughts are behind any reactions I have towards hearing music.


No comments:

Post a Comment