Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 46: Time and Self Interest Part 2

I commit myself to place my responsibilities such as practicing, homework, doing the dishes, reading, writing, etc… before activities of enjoyment and relaxation not accepting or allowing myself to get possessed by activities of enjoyment and relaxation that result in me having to stay up late and/or me hitting the snooze.

I commit myself to notice when and as I get possessed by activities of enjoyment and relaxation and when this energetic mind possession interferes with my daily responsibilities.

I commit myself to take breaks of activities of enjoyment and relaxation as I realize that we have to take breaks between daily tasks and within this I commit myself to not become possessed by these breaks and let these breaks turn into large breaks.

I commit myself to take advantage of the day and the opportunities I have to live a productive day.

I commit myself to set realistic daily goals that can actually be attained instead of unrealistic goals that are part of this made up “perfection” character of how I want myself to be and how I want others to see me and thus I commit myself to notice when and as I am living out this “perfection” character.


I commit myself to notice when and as I am thinking of a task that I am about to do being done before even starting it and within this I commit myself to stop these mental images through bringing myself back here to the physical within breath.

I commit myself to take on one thing at a time within/as breath as I realize you can only do one thing at a time.

I commit myself to check myself during the day making sure I am able to complete the realistic tasks I have set out for myself so that I can wake up without hitting the snooze because of staying up so late.

I commit myself to direct myself and take responsibility for the realistic goals I have set out for myself to do in a given day instead of letting my desires direct when I take on my realistic daily goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment