Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 47: You can take a day off but you can't put it back

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to skip writing on the days where I think there is to much to do, using school as an excuse for not having time to write.

I forgive myself for not managing my time in a way that allows me to write everyday.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that I have the time to write everyday but use school, homework, practice as a reason to justify not writing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that if I don't write much on one day that it isn't even worth writing, living within/as a black and white/all or nothing type of thinking.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think that writing just a little bit on one day is a waste of time and not supportive.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that writing just a little each day is better than skipping one day

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I have to write a whole lot of self-forgiveness statements in a blog in order for the blog to be self-supportive and if I don't then I shouldn't even write for that day instead of realizing that it is not about how many self-forgiveness statements I write that is self-supportive but what is supportive is the act of doing it every day, placing myself in a position of being self-responsible and consistent.



I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to be consistent with writing everyday because I have created the idea in my mind that if I don't fill a page with self-forgiveness I won't be accomplishing anything. 

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing reading other peoples blogs and seeing how much they write, thinking that I must write the same amount as them not realizing that I am comparing the length of my writings with the length of others writings.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to compare the length of my writings to the length of others writing not realizing that I am trying to live up to a made up idea in my mind and that others will see me as lazy.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that thinking others will think I am lazy if I don't write a whole lot everyday that I am in essence not writing in a way that is self-supportive but as a way to think others will be thinking I am self-supportive.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think writing will have benefits that will come quickly not realizing that the benefits of writing everyday happen within space and time and not when I desire/want them thus I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to expect automatic benefits by writing everyday.

I commit myself to write every day and to stop using the excuses of not having enough time because of homework, practice, and any other responsibilities that I have.

I commit myself to manage my time in an consistent and effective manner not accepting and allowing myself to use excuses for not taking responsibility for whatever task it may be.

I commit myself to write everyday even if it may be a little bit realizing that I am placing myself in a position of taking self-responsibility and consistency.

I commit myself to stop the idea of thinking I must fill a whole page with self-forgiveness statements as I realize that writing with this idea in mind is not self-supportive because I am trying to live up to an idea I have created in my mind of perfection.


I commit myself to write every day without having expectations of something good to happen if I write every day as I realize that writing everyday is not about wanting/desiring something good to come out of it but it is about a way to learn about one's self and to change one's self in a way that is best for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment