Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 73: Age part 2

When and as I notice myself judging myself based on my age while around those whom are younger than me at the university - I stop and I breathe. I realize, see, and understand that how many years I have been here on earth doesn't determine anything about who I am - It is just a number and I realize that when someone asks me "How old are You?" while at the university I go into a state of hesitation, hesitating to tell them how old I currently am. I commit myself to when someone asks me "how old are you?" to answer right away and stop all the hesitation that may or may not come up within me.

When and as I notice myself judging another based on age, thinking that it is a waste of time to have a conversation with them because they are younger than I am - I Stop and I Breathe. I realize, see, and understand that I am judging others based on their age just as how I fear being judged based on my age. I commit myself to talk to anyone no matter how old they are and to stop all judgments that may or may not come up about them and within this I realize, see, and understand that by automatically going into a conversation when and as someone is trying to have one with me that I am stopping thoughts of judgment towards this person by participating in the physical act of speaking. 



1 comment:

  1. this is cool, I have had the exact same judgement, and it is funny because we as youngsters, we judge each other for even 8 months of difference, lol (I have done it)
    In high school, 1 year older or younger is a big deal, because our main goal is being adults, is being mature, is being grown ups, and we feel ashamed of being children, innocent, expressive, dirty and loners...we force ourselves trough personalities to grow up and be like adults

    ReplyDelete