Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 96: the Student Character [Part 2]

In my last blog post I stated "I have this mental idea of who I am supposed to be around teachers. This mental idea is "a respectful student who does everything he is supposed to do". This mental idea/creation is what I think the teacher thinks "a respectful student who does everything he is supposed to do". So I am creating this idea not of only what I think but of what I think the teacher thinks. It is this mental idea/creation that I am not living up to. I think teachers don't think I am respectful and do what I am supposed to do. I am not living up to my own self created ideas of this 'student' character. 

I have labeled myself as a "student" and those whom teach as "teachers" and have created the "student" character around these definitions/labels. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself as a "student" 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to act out the "student" character. 

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that if there is a "student" then there must be a "teacher". 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to automatically think a "teacher" is someone who is against me not realizing that these thoughts were created by myself and the "student" character that exists within me.  

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed seeing a teacher walking past me or in a class to exist as a trigger point, which triggers me to go into the "student" character. 

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize when and as I act out the "student" character. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to label/define myself as a "student" not realizing the beliefs I have created that go along with the "student" character. 

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize and understand that by defining/labeling myself as a "student" and those who teach as "teachers" that I am separating myself from myself and also separating myself from those who teach - living in separation by the definitions/labels I place on myself and others. 

I commit myself to stop the self-created labels/definitions I have placed on myself. I realize and understand that labeling/defining myself as a "student" only separates me from myself and those whom I interact with at school. 

I commit myself to stop when and as I act out the student character.

I commit myself to notice when and as seeing a teacher triggers me to go into another state of mind/the "student" character. 

I commit myself to stop all thoughts/emotions that I have towards myself and towards those who teach in school when and as I visually see those who are my teachers. 

I commit myself to stop separating myself from those who teach at the university just because they have a job in education. 

In my next blog post I will go into the beliefs I have created within/as the "student" character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment