Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 97: the Student Character [Part 3]

Continuing on with the 'Student' character. It is interesting to look at how I have created these beLIEfs about who I am and think others like those in authority think I am. I remember growing up and being seen as a "talented" musician. This turned into the beliefs I have that support this Student character. I was an average student in high school and some classes I had trouble with. Most teachers always congratulated me on my music and all competitions we did in band or the ones I did individually. LOL, within just reading that last sentence I see another character, the Musician character.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that I have seen myself as a talented musician while growing up and I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed those in the community/city I lived in/around compliments to influence me.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that when my past teachers congratulated me I went into a state of feeling good - feeling good that someone outside of myself recognized what I had accomplished in music.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed another persons praise or kind words cause me to have a good feeling as if I have accomplished something.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I need someone else to verify what my accomplishments are in order to believe that I am doing what I need to be doing or am on the right path.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize and understand that if another person gives me praise or kind words and it causes me to have a good feeling then I am not being self-directive.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that if a teacher compliments me that means I am doing something right.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire a teacher to compliment me and/or tell me that I am doing well in whatever it is that I am doing.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realize, and understand that accepting praise from another person and having feelings based on this praise from another is an indication that I am looking for approval outside of myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that the teachers I have don't think I am living up to my potential.

More on this to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment