Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 107: Inspirational Musical Transcriptions continued


Continued from Day106

A cool point here is that it is also suggested to transcribe yourself with singing a solo or playing a solo. I have barely touched on this and realize this is a point where I can learn a new way of expression. For example, sing a chorus of a solo without stopping and then transcribe it to see what I am doing harmonically and rhythmically. This sounds like a cool way to get to know my own voice and what I am doing harmonically and rhythmically instead of rambling while improvising. Playing by rote is cool but learning what your doing by rote is also cool so this is something I will have to experiment with. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see and realize the point where I became bored with transcribing. I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see, realize, and understand that the bored feeling that arises when transcribing and playing along with what I have transcribed means that I am bored with copying other players. I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize that the boredness I felt with transcribing was a call for me to express me as me.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want/desire to sound like Clifford Brown and mainly Freddie Hubbard when improvising, thinking that that if I sound like Freddie I will sound good not realizing that I am not expressing me as me but only copying a sound and an idea that I have learned through transcribing. I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire/want to sound like Freddie Hubbard while improvising instead of expressing me as me in every moment of every phrase I play.


I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/hear/realize when I am not expressing me as me while improvising. I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see, hear, and realize when my ideas are not my own. I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that for me to develop my own voice within improvising is to experiment with my own voice. I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to experiment with developing my own voice because it seems to hard to experiment with. 








No comments:

Post a Comment