Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 111: Procrastination - I will do it later

I will do it later is something that I have always said to others and to myself in my mind. When something comes up that needs to be done I always say "I will do it later" and when this later comes I think to myself again "I will do it later". It keeps repeating and repeating and when I do this thing eventually after many times of telling myself  "I will do it later" I go into this stress like, energetic feeling where my body starts to tighten up. It is as if I am racing to beat the clock which makes these actions whether it is homework, cleaning, paperwork like filling some stupid paperwork out for school become more stressful than it needs to be. 




I realize this is what led to me failing a class last semester. I constantly said in my head, "I will do it later" and then when later came I said again "I will do it later". After doing this for so long I became so far behind that I didn't know how to approach catching up. Things accumulated where to it was almost impossible for me to focus on the small points that I should have been doing everyday. Then I crammed at the end of the semester and it didn't work.



No comments:

Post a Comment