Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 117: Procrastination and emails continued

For context check out days 111-113, 115 and 116

When and as a feeling of toomuchness/overwhelmingness comes up within me about all the things I procrastinate towards - I stop and I breathe. I realize that I can only work on one point at a time and if I keep thinking about all the areas in my life where I procrastinate a feeling of toomuchness/overwhelmingness will come up where I end up standing still and not moving with a single point. I commit myself to focus my attention on my procrastination with homework and to stop all thoughts about all the things I procrastinate with through breathing and moving directly to my homework when and as I feel that there is just too much to take on.

When and as I think “I will do my homework later” and I notice that I have skipped studying and reviewing what was went over in class during the last time this class met - I stop and I breathe. I realize that when I tell myself that “I will do my homework later” and later comes I end up telling myself again “I will do my homework later” which is procrastination. I commit myself to when and as I tell myself that “I will do my homework later” to stop what it is that I am doing and to do the homework and what needs to be done in that moment.



When and as I notice myself making excuses/justifications of why I should skip going to class - I stop and I breathe. I realize that I use excuses such as “We are allowed to miss three days of classes so I should take advantage of them” and have used this excuse to skip going to class because I don’t feel like it and I realize that this is another form of procrastination. I commit myself to stop all thoughts that justify why I shouldn’t go to class and to physically get up and walk to my class when and as these justifications come up within me.

When and as a thought of thinking I should check my school email and don’t think it is necessary  - I stop and I breathe. I realize that important information may be sent to this email that is school related and that not everything is sent to my gmail. I commit myself to physically check my school email when and as I have thoughts of wondering if I should or shouldn’t check my school email.



No comments:

Post a Comment