Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 120: the Flu and Responsibilities

For the past 5 days or so I have been sick with the flu and couldn't do much of anything besides lay down and occasionally get up to make food and go to the restroom. I still feel like shit although a little bit better. I can't remember the last time I have had the flu. Anyway, I let one teacher know that I couldn't be at class and didn't let the other one know. I didn't send  an email or anything so he had no idea what was going on. I planned on emailing him the day of but when the time came I felt so much like shit I didn't do it.

If I could get up and take a piss and get up and make some food then I was able to simply email my teacher and let him know what was going on.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to let one teacher know how I was sick instead of all other teachers that I had classes with not realizing that he had no idea why I wasn't in class because I didn't let him know.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to treat all my teachers equally in ways of communication.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to plan on emailing my other teacher because the class was the next day and I would have time to do it later, using this as an excuse for not taking responsibility the moment I realized I wouldn't be going to class the next day.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize that if I was able to get up and cook food and get up and piss then I was surely able to email my teacher to let him know I wasn't going to be able to make it to class.

I commit myself to when and as I am sick and am not able to make it to class to email all teachers that I have classes with in the current day and the next day.

I commit myself to communicate with all of my teachers equally instead of communicating with some more directly than others.

I commit myself to when and as I am sick to physically communicate with those whom I normally have to be involved with as I realize that if I can get up and piss and make food then I can send an email.






No comments:

Post a Comment