Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 140: We have never smoked together part 3



Continued from day 138 and day 139
Day 138: We have never smoked together
Day 138: We have never smoked together
Day 138: We have never smoked together
Day 138: We have never smoked together

When and as I am hanging out with friends and they are smoking weed and the desire to join in and take a hit or two comes up within me - I stop and I breathe. I realize that I don't require smoking weed/getting high in order to hang out with friends and to have a good time while hanging out with them. I commit myself to when and as I am hanging out with those who are smoking weed to not accept or allow myself to make excuses/justifications in my mind of why I should get high with them and to live me as me while we are hanging out.

When and as I want/desire to have a spiritual or thought provoking experience through smoking weed - I stop and I breathe. I realize that spiritual experiences whether it be praying, meditating, chanting, getting high, etc... is based on leaving this reality in order to make oneself feel better for a moment and then come back to this reality which is the one we are in all the time and I realize that by taking the self-directive decision of not smoking when I am with others or want/desire to have a spiritual experience through smoking weed/getting high that I am facing my reality and how I exist as instead of escaping through having a spiritual or thought provoking experience through getting high/smoking weed. I commit myself to face my reality as who I am when the desire of smoking weed comes up in order to have a spiritual or thought provoking experience by not accepting or allowing myself to smoke. I do not accept or allow myself to smoke weed/get high in order to have a spiritual or thought provoking experience instead I direct myself by saying "No", and facing my reality as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment