Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 162: OCD and Losing Keys



I obsessively check to make sure I have my keys whenever I leave my apartment. When I was younger I locked my keys in my car and had to have my parents come and bring the spare key to unlock it. A few other times I have had similar situations happen where I have locked my keys in the apartment or car. Ever since then I obsessively check to make sure that I have my keys even though I already know they are in my bagpack. When I leave my apartment I have a ritual where I check to make sure I have my keys even though I know they are in my bag. I have to have them in my hands before I walk out of my apartment otherwise I feel weird. These memories of locking my keys in the car and leaving them in my apartment have caused me to do these OCD type of rituals before I get out of my car or leave my apartment. Sometimes I say to myself out loud "Ok, my keys are in my bagpack and I know they are in my bagpack." Then I gather my books or whatever I need and have to check to make sure they are still in my bagpack. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Generally I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice article.



    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah me too. Actually that's the relief part of it, when I get out of the house. I know I zipped them up into my pocket, but what if they fell out while I was checking they were there. I have been absent-minded before, not with losing my keys, infact I don't even recall what I was absent-minded about. I just recall the feeling of, "oh, I was absent-minded, why was I absent minded". And I don't want to be absent-minded. It's silly really, I guess. Also check the bank-card, my cash if I have any (paper). Coins I don't bother checking, but paper is flimsy and delicate, and could easily blow away out of my pocket (even though it's zipped-up), and into the wind and far far away.x.

    ReplyDelete