Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 164: OCD and Losing Keys Part Three



Continued from 

Day 162: OCD and Losing Keys


When and as I feel the need to check to see if my keys are on me once I have placed them in a secure area - I stop and I breathe. 

I realize that my apartment is my comfort zone and that if I have a place that I go to in order to feel safe/comfortable then I have also created the opposite where I am in places that I am uncomfortable. 

I realize that I check to make sure I have my keys repeatedly because I fear not having access to my comfort zone. 

I realize and accept that leaving my apartment without participating in the ritual of checking my keys repeatedly even though I know I have put them in my bag pack will be met with resistance.

I commit myself to not accept or allow myself to check to see if I have my keys over and over again once I have placed them in my bag. 


I commit myself to investigate all memories that are connected with my behavior of obsessively making sure that I have my keys. 

I commit myself to once I have placed my keys in my bag to realize that they are in my bag and I commit myself to stop repeatedly checking my bag to see if my keys are in my bag once I have placed them in my bag. 

I commit myself to stop participating in the ritual of checking to see if I have my keys over and over again throughout the day and I commit myself to not accept or allow myself to participate in the feeling of comfort that is felt within me when I am absolutely sure that I have my keys on me. 

I commit myself to walk through the fear of not participating in the ritual of checking repeatedly to see if my keys are on me and the uncomfortable feeling that comes up when and as I don't participate in this ritual. 

I commit myself to communicate with my landlord when and as the time comes of needing assistance with something in my apartment. 

I commit myself to investigate what is going on within me when and as I feel the need to retreat to my "comfort" zone/apartment. 
I commit myself to be aware when and as I place my keys in a secure spot like my pockets or bag pack and to not accept or allow myself to make sure they are on me once my keys are in a secure spot. 

I commit myself to say "my keys are in my bag" and to not accept or allow myself to look back once I have said "my keys are in my bag"

I commit myself to investigate all of the ritualistic behaviors that I participate in. 















1 comment:

  1. I feel I need to change my environment, to make it easier now. I have moved house like 30 times, and when I change my environment, I feel I am erradicating the safety-zone, and becoming stronger. And this time I will stand a better chance. Although I have done this before, and eventually I need to move house again. But I also tried staying in one place, and that was much worse. If I'm gonna stand a chance, I need to create change. Somehow regular change helps with the flow of life.x.

    ReplyDelete