Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 170: Procrastinating Consequences Part Three

Continued from 

Day 168: Procrastinating Consequences





When and as I see myself putting off doing large assignments until a day or two before it is due, I stop and breathe. I realize that putting large projects/assignments off until the last day or two days before it is due puts me in a state of stress and I realize that putting large assignments/projects off until the last minute isn't as productive as doing just a little bit each day. I commit myself to break down large assignments/projects into small steps and to work on these small steps a little each day.

When and as I see myself doing things of responsibility only when I feel like doing it and I see/realize that I am doing this , I stop and breathe. I realize that only doing things when I feel like doing them is a confirmation of my own self interest and also confirms that I am not living in a way that is best for all. I realize that doing things when I feel like doing them have consequences that happen at a later time and not immediately so I will have to deal with these consequences eventually. I commit myself to be aware of when and as I am putting off my responsibilities and studies because of my own self interest and I commit myself to when and as I am aware that I am doing this to stop it, to physically stand up out of my chair if I am at the computer and move to the task/responsibility of studying that keeps coming up in my mind.

When and as I say out loud to myself or think "I should be studying right now" - I stop and I breathe. I realize that when and as I say out loud to myself or think to myself "I should be studying right now" that I am living out the procrastination character and I realize/see/understand that living/acting out this character will not have immediate consequences but consequences that I will have to deal with at a later time. I commit myself to notice when and as I am living out the procrastination character and to stop it through first breathing in and out and then move to the task/responsibility that I am procrastinating. 

When and as I notice that I am living out the procrastination character and realize that I will have to deal with the consequences of what I am putting off until a later time - I stop and I breathe. I realize that when I notice that I tell myself that I should be doing something it means that I need to physically move to the task/responsibility. I commit myself to move to the task /responsibility that needs to be done when and as I realize/see/understand that I will have to pay for these consequences at a later time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment