Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 181: Memorial Day Triggers

Today I went to the bank and they closed early because of Memorial Day. After finding out I was 30 minutes late I became pissed. While driving back to the apartment I started thinking about Memorial Day and how full of shit I think it is. Later I was online and see all of this pro military shit everywhere and became more pissed.

Sometimes I post pictures that are anti-war on facebook with thoughts of trying to prove something to those who support the troops. I think in my mind "Why can't you see that war doesn't work, I am going to show you why!" LOL!


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the bank closing early on Memorial Day to trigger an emotion of anger within me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that I blamed Memorial Day for the reason the bank was closed instead of realizing that I should have been aware of this change in the hours because businesses are closed and/or close early on Memorial Day and I have known this ever since I was a kid.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed seeing pro military advertisements online and on facebook to trigger anger within me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to post anti-war pictures on facebook with thoughts of thinking I will prove why war is bad and convince those who are supports of the troops and war to my opinion.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think "Why can't you see that war doesn't work? I am going to show you why!" not realizing that if I placed myself in their shoes I would most likely not have the opinion I have on the troops and war.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed seeing those in military uniform to trigger anger within me and then to think that they are brainwashed.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize that I have no idea what it is like to be in the shoes of someone who supports the troops or the war so my judgment of them is invalid.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize that since I don't know what it is like to be in another persons shoes then judging them for joining the military makes no since because today's system encourages it because you can make money by joining the military.

No comments:

Post a Comment