Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 210: My Life as a Skeptic Part Four



Continued from days 207, 208, and 209

I commit myself to investigate myself when and as I notice myself becoming angry at another person instead of accepting and allowing this anger I have towards other people to continue as I realize that disecting this anger allows me to see why I became angry in the first place and allows me the opportunity to take responsibility for my anger that I couldn't do if I didn't investigate the anger I have towards other people. 

I commit myself to stop the judgment of those who are religious through self awareness, noticing when and as I judge someone who is religious as stupid and brainwashed, and after I am aware that a judgment has been made to stop and breathe and I commit myself to be aware when I have backchat towards another person that involves me placing a person into the category "dumb religious people."

I commit myself to stop separating myself from religious people and to not accept or allow my preconceived judgments towards someone who is religious to influence my communication, speaking, or involvement with them. 

I commit myself to be aware of myself when and as I am placing another person in a category as I realize that when I place someone in a category or label a person that the very fact that I am labeling the person is judgment. 

I commit myself to be aware of when I label myself, place myself in a category and to stop separating myself from other people who may be part of a certain group by realizing that they are a human just like me. 

I commit myself to be aware of myself when and as I label someone that I have to interact with in school as a choir person, marching band person, or a classical person. 

I commit myself to notice when and as I see a woman that has a long dress on and long hair - showing that she is part of a certain religion to stop and breathe and not accept and allow backchat to continue through realizing that I am judging someone that I know nothing about and can never know anything about as it is impossible for me to have lived in her shoes. 

I commit myself to investigate all sides of a specific subject and to not allow my pre-judgment of the subject to influence what parts of the specific subject I am investigating and I commit myself to stop myself and breathe when and as feelings/emotions come up within me about the specific subject that I am investigating. I do not accept or allow myself to investigate something for the sake of proving myself right to myself or another person. 

I commit myself to investigate the skeptic character that exists within me and what has led me to become a skeptic about a specific topic/subject. I realize that when I am skepitical about a certain subject/topic, whatever it is, is because i have already judged the subject/topic without proper investigation because when and as I go into the skeptical character I do so for the purpose or goal of being right. Wanting/desiring myself to to prove to myself and others that I am right and all others who don't agree with me as wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment