Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 247: Somewhere Over the Rainbow Part Two

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing my thoughts of how popular and mainstream a song is to hinder myself from actually hearing it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to dislike anything that is mainstream or popular. 

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge what is mainstream or popular as shallow and stupid. 

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to participate in emotions of anger and annoyance when I hear someone talk about something like a song or tv show that is mainstream or popular. 

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge those people who like things that are mainstream and popular as shallow and stupid. 

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think, "This is a cheesy song that I don't care about" and "I don't want to listen to this song because it is so mainstream and popular."

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that the thoughts like "I don't want to listen to this song because it is so mainstream" has to do with my judgment of the song and that this judgment hinders me from actually hearing the song as it is, and instead from the very start of the song have a preconceived idea that the song is going to be lame because of how popular it is.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that it is my opinion of the song or whatever popular thing it is that has made me judge those who like popular things as shallow and stupid thus I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize/see the connection between my opinions about things and how these opinions lead to judgments of others.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed my opinion of the songs that I think are mainstream and popular to hinder me from hearing the actual song not realizing that this chat that goes on in my mind while the song is being played blocks the sound of the tune so that I am not present but instead end up going into the mind and judging the song instead of simply listening.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge some music as good and other music as bad and through this judgment have blinded or deafed myself from actually hearing the music itself.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see/realize that judging a song while I am hearing it as good or bad hinders me from hearing the actual song and I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize and see that when I hear a song that I like I do the same thing as when I hear a song that I dislike. I go into the mind and judge it as awesome or shitty - unaware of how judgment is not being present to the actual song and what is being heard. I realize that judgment while listening to a song that I think is good or bad is going into the mind and that any judgment while listening to anything will make me miss parts that I am listening to because of going into the mind and making a judgment.










No comments:

Post a Comment